Monday, March 31, 2008

NetBeans 6.1 + Blogging Contest

NetBeans 6.1 is available, together with a contest. Some of the main features are support for Java Beans, JavaScript, MySQL, Spring Framework, Axis 2, Ruby, and many other. The MySQL support added was expected since the acquisition of MySQL by Sun. I personally am an Eclipse user since I started programming (which was only in my first year of college). From some time now I wanted to try NetBeans out, especially NetBeans Mobility, but I never got around to do it. It's funny, if you are not "constrained" to do something, you hardly do it, unless you really enjoy doing it (not that I don't enjoy playing with IDEs, but I got so used with Eclipse that I don't feel the need to try something else).

Do give it a try when you get a chance. I am sure you will find it exceeding your expectations.

P.S. I have not entered the NetBeans 6.1 blogging contest at this point, but I do hope to have some free time soon, and give NetBeans a try.

No comments: